Halloween blog hop with the Designer Crafts Connection

day of the dead ATCs Lisa Fulmer

It's the first Monday of the month - time for a new blog hop with the Designer Crafts Connection!


This month our theme is Halloween - which was also the theme for my monthly artist trading card swap yesterday. As usual, I seem to be in "theme adjacent" land, so instead of Halloween, I opted to have some fun with Dia de los Muertos.

My friend Kathy (aka The Crafty Chica) was kind enough to send me a fabulous selection of goodies from her new Day of the Dead product line with I Love to Create - there are super fun collage papers, iron-ons, stickers, temporary tattoos and more that feature Kathy's artwork and some of her hubby Patrick's artwork, too.

This pretty lady that I used on my ATCs is one of Patrick's drawings - with her faithful cat and flowered hat, she reminds me of a wise old aunt that always dressed up to go anywhere. Another one of the papers in the line mimics collaged bits of book paper - all in spanish - which I used for the background. I found some stickers in the same book font with little pearls of wisdom that one's dead aunt might have imparted to us.

Here are the wonderful ATCs I got from the rest of my group - so fun!

halloween artist trading cards

Look for the DCC logo here in my sidebar (and on all the designers' sidebars) to hop to the next blog for more Halloween inspiration!