Collaged spiral notebook cover

collaged spiral notebook cover Lisa Fulmer

It's the first Monday of the month, which means it's time for another fun blog hop with the Designer Crafts Connection. This month our theme is back to school and/or creating with school supplies.



I remember collaging my spiral notebooks when I was in school, or sometimes doodling all over them, too. The only adhesive I used here was an Elmer's glue stick, a school supply staple for most kids.

I started with a sheet of vintage-themed cardstock - it's an image of an old watercolor paint tray. All the colors are pretty much the same shade of muddy rust from too much mixing without rinsing the brush in between - a typical school kid move, right?

collaged notebook cover


I used each block as a frame for inspiring quotes and images of some of my favorite paintings from the romantic pre-Raphaelite period of the mid-nineteenth century. I added my initials, plus a few rub-ons and epoxy stickers.

Be sure to check out the other designers' work in the hop - look for the DCC logo in each of our sidebars to travel from one blog to the next. Follow the Designer Crafts Connection on Facebook!