You may already have Volume 1 of this book, but you really do need Volume 2, too!
The New Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Word is filled with inspiring quotes, words and prompts to use in your craft projects.
There are word mosaic apps out there to do the job, but I decided to just use Powerpoint to arrange several words together related to painting.
My video and tutorial is below - and if you leave a comment here on the blog, you'll be entered to win your own copy of this wonderful book (US only - sorry to our international friends).
A sheet of Smoothfoam makes a great surface for a lightweight plaque, plus I wanted a white background for the word mosaic. I also really like how the film just melts right into the texture of the foam.
- Smoothfoam sheet
- Craft Attitude Film
- White paint
- Iridescent medium
- Paint brush
- Glue stick
- Ink pad
- Narrow ribbon
- Paper-backed aluminum tape
- Screen repair tape
- Clear glitter
- Scissors, paper trimmer
1. Blend a little paint with medium and brush the Smoothfoam with one coat; let dry.
2. Print your image out, in reverse, on to Craft Attitude film; trim to size.
3. Cover the Smoothfoam surface with glue stick. Peel back a little of the paper liner, position the film and press into place. Smooth the film on to the glued surface as you continue to peel away the liner.
5. To make a frame, layer and glue the screen tape on top of the aluminum tape, then sprinkle lightly with clear glitter.
6. Adhere the tape around the edges of the Smoothfoam, wrapping excess to the back. Add a small strip of aluminum tape to the corners like a brace.
Leave a comment to enter to win a copy of The New Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Word - deadline to enter is April 10th. Good luck!