Experimenting with watercolor and pigment powders


Recently my local ATC group had some fun playing with a technique where you blend pigment powders like Perfect Pearls in with watercolor to create shimmering backgrounds.

That's true happiness for me...experimenting with new art and craft techniques. Then I'm even happier when I can use what came out of my experimenting in a finished project...like with this 6"x9" piece of leatherette cardstock that I painted, dripped and blended with multiple colors combined with a white sparkle pigment powder. It was just my tester card, but it worked nicely as a foundation for a handpainted greeting card - I added some ribbon and a textured embellishment I made with UTEE.

Today the Designer Crafts Connection bloggers are talking about what kinds of art/craft make them happy - hop through the blogs by clicking on the DCC logo in the sidebar here on the right...prepare to be inspired!