Glittered glass cube pen caddy


Yippee - it's the first Monday of the month, and that means it's time for a little love for the Designer Crafts Connection! 

The theme for this month's blog hop is handmade home décor. After you're done here, click the DCC logo on my side bar over here on the right to hop through the other designers' blogs.

I love to shop the funny little clearance rack in my grocery store. It's stowed way in the back of the store, along the little hallway that leads to the back storage area. All kinds of interesting discontinued things land there for half-off—from jars of tapenade to spices, wine, vitamins, and even party supplies.

So I was thrilled to see these little 4" glass cube vases on the rack the other day, I just knew they'd be fun to alter!

I taped off a stripe around the center inside, coated the glass above and below it with Mod Podge and then glittered it up. I found out the hard way that you can see the brush strokes through the glitter, it's more apparent on the top blue stripe then it is on the bottom purple stripe. After removing the tape, I glued some pretty floral paper inside, then inserted a black paper liner. A few stripes of ribbon glued around the outside and some metallic square bling, and done!