new challenge at scrappy hours •••

scrappy hours just posted a fun challenge...a day in the life. head over there and submit your card or layout!

I combined lots of different things i've been wanting to do on a card in this one. it represents "a day in the life" for me in a couple ways. one is that i'd love each day to be full of sunshine, flowers and song...carefree and idyllic.  of course that is cliché and totally unrealistic....but i do my best to capture some of it each day. the other way this card is like "a day in the life" for me is all the different techniques i used, the best day for me is when i discover a new way to create.

i recycled an acetate overlay from a valentine's card i received...it already had the white doodly flower on the front. i dripped alcohol inks on the back and let them bleed into each other for a mottled stained glass effect. i figured out how to create words on my cricut, and i made a pinhole border for the first time. the gold foil behind the floral cut paper is recycled crinkled tissue paper from an xmas gift. 

so it's kinda busy-looking, but i like it, i think it's cheery!